Skip to main content

Saina Nehwal - the wonder woman

Getting attention of cricket obsessed nation by performing in some other sport is not easy. Saina Nehwal did just that. She has been performing consistently for the past few years.Though she missed a medal in Beijing Olympics she made India proud by winning bronze in London Olympics. She lost all six games against world no.1 (even Olympics semifinal), but finally won against her yesterday in Denmark Open (she breezed into the final and won the final too). As Yuvraj tweets "Saina nehwal has broken the chinese wall !! I so knew she wud beat world no 1 one day !! Inspiration!! " . She challenged the dominant Chinese at their own game.



This doyen is the perfect example of the saying - hard work pays off. She is not the most talented player but she is definitely most hardworking, dedicated and focused player. She doesn't let anything distract her from her goal. In Saina's words "… one needs to have conviction, zeal and strong resolve to train and learn. And one has to be watchful of a healthy diet and fitness regime, which means absolutely no fast food and more salads and proteins." I read somewhere that she has never been to any party, any restaurant or cinema in the past seven years. This is what I call dedication to ones goal. She is definitely an inspiring lady. Whatta girl she is!

P.S. Just came across this wonderful article http://dailypioneer.com/vivacity/103430-being-a-champion-girl.html . Saina Nehwal describes about her childhood in this article. Do read this.

Popular posts from this blog

Gandhi - The Genius

    There is no need to give an introduction about Mahatma Gandhi . Recently I got into a discussion with few of my friends who feel that Gandhi is given undue importance in Indian history / Freedom movement. I strongly disagree with that opinion and this post is my attempt to further my case. Seriously, non-cooperation movement is one of the most game changing idea of the century . After getting their adrenaline pumped by watching a couple of Bollywood movies on Bhagath Singh or reading about Subhash Chandra Bose some juveniles think that Gandhi is responsible for delay in India getting Independence. On the contrary if everybody co-operated in the non-cooperation movement of Gandhiji we would have got independence 25 years earlier. Just think about the idea - nobody working for government, how will the government run. Britishers would never have enough troups to cope up with the work . It is really a simple idea in which everybody can participate without shedding any bloo

Tesla - The Mad Scientist

After reading a link http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla sent by one of my friend I read about Nikola Tesla (source is wikipedia obviously). Man oh man if somebody has to epitomize knowledge for knowledge's sake, it has to be Nikola Tesla. He apparently spent all the money earned in patenting in more research. He is so much into experimenting that people refer to him as mad scientist (made popular by science fiction). I guess he is god among geeks. He showed that college degree isn't a measure of your intelligence (yeah he is a college dropout). The most endearing quality of him that I find inspiring is that he is not one for money or recognition (apparently he has number of inventions that haven't been patented). P.S. He is the second Serb after Djokovic to make my inspirational people list.

MJ - King of Pop

King Of Pop For me Michael Jackson is synonymous to dance. In my previous posts I have listed some qualities of people as inspiring, but then I don't find MJ's personal life that inspiring. You may then wonder why I am listing him in my list of inspirational people. It's because his dance inspires me and millions of dance lovers all over the world. He is a phenomenal singer and the best entertainer too, but when it comes to dance - he is surreal. Some of the best dancers in India like Prabhu Deva and Chiranjeevi (several more) have been heavily inspired by his dance. Whenever I watch the videos of Smooth Criminal or Bad I feel that the music is beating to his dance rather than he dancing to the music.               I can't get enough of MJ's dance even after watching this hundreds of times.